Friday, November 14, 2008

Thankful This Holiday Season!





We are very thankful this year! That is right.... AND BABY! We are pregnant. This picture was back in the beginning of September.   I am almost 15 weeks now and have told all my good friends. We did hold off for a long time before telling anyone other than family, but it was all so fun to do.  We first told my parents one day when they were in town and here is a picture of my mom!
After we told them, Lucy was getting ready... yes, she loves pacies already!

I am already thinking about ways to get her ready for this baby. She has had our only attention for the past year and a half. She is always right under our feet and sleeps right beside our bed.  I know she will have to adjust, but I think she will be a great big sister!  
We told Grant's parents on his mother's birthday, so of course we had to bring the cake. I have a picture of it but it simply refuses to load right now. It was so cute, with "Happy Birthday Grandma!" and a stork on it.  Ha, we really surprised them! No one had a clue.  
The reality of everything is that since about the middle of September I have been extremely sick.  There was a period of about five weeks where I seriously didn't know if I would make it to work and home everyday from nausea, vomiting and lack of being able to eat anything.  I am still very driven by cravings and in the moment kind of things, but am feeling a bit better. I can at least actually teach and drive without the constant nauseated feeling.  Even my doctor and her nurse felt really bad for me, and I figure they've seen everything.  
So, it is a good sign to be sick, but I am definitely ready to feel the glory of pregnancy!  Anyway, this is my first blog in a very long time, but this is why! I will update more pics and ultrasounds when we get them in a month. In the mean time, feel free to guess boy or girl! I have no idea, and we don't care, just as long as it is healthy... 

2 comments:

Teresa said...

congrats Kristin! Im sorry about the sickness. Its the part I dread about being prego again one day. I'm thinking its a boy, but hoping its a girl! You'd have the cutest little girl!

The Reeds said...

CONGRATS!! I'm so excited for you! And I hope you feel better soon:)

Playlist

div style="text-align: center; margin-left: auto; visibility:visible; margin-right: auto; width:450px;">