Friday, December 26, 2008

Anniversary and Christmas!




Last weekend, before Christmas, Grant took me on a much needed getaway.  I had no idea where we were going, and was fearing it was the "Hunting Camp."  But, I held out hope it would be something more, only because that is a trailer with rats and holes and an outhouse.  I think he just let me believe that because I brought it up and he thought it was funny.  We ended up driving 2 hours north to the Mentone area.  It was actually  Pisgah, AL where there is a wonderful little village called Gorham's Bluff. It is complete with cottages, 13 residents, a lodge with an executive chef and a beautiful views.  (unfortunately, the views were not viewable until Sunday because of the fog).  This spot came highly recommended from several people to him, and we did not want to drive far to other spots I have been wanted to visit, because car rides have not been the best for me.  We had a little white cottage where we relaxed, slept late, watched movies and just got to be together.  It was wonderful because I am unable to do those things at home.  I always find things to do, clean, organize, boss Grant around... So, it was perfect.  Grant cooked crab cakes and salad and it was fabulous.  The second day, we had a totally private dining experience as this was the weekend before the influx of holiday people.  the food was amazing, breakfast has been my favorite. Ash, I wish I could have gotten you the recipe of these little muffins the chef makes. Amazing!  We had little menus each meal, especially for us, how cute.  We walked around grounds and saw the views on Sat as best we could.  Then, Sunday, it was very cold and windy, but beautiful.  

That night when we got back we had our Christmas party with the Coppocks, and left Monday for the lake and to see my parents for a few days.  It was nice.  Mom and I went baby nursery shopping but came up empty.  You all know I can get very specific ideas of what I want and right now is no exception.  I have to find the perfect fabric and chest and bed for the room.  I know the baby bed I want, just the old fashioned looking Jenny lind beds because they are cute and not too modern.  Anyway, we were 0 for 5 by the time we got home.  But that was okay.  Mom and Dad got us several cute little things and our baby bag for Christmas.  It is great. I can't wait to have a baby to go with it! Ha, just kidding.  Although, it is getting all the more real all the time.  Finally, yesterday we spent the day with Grant's family, the Wheelers, his mom's side who lives all in Pleasant Grove.  It was very nice as well. 
 I hope you all had a wonderfully Merry Christmas.  We feel so blessed for Christ and all that he is doing in our lives.  Even through the tough times, and pregnancy struggles that have plagued us both, we find that the birth of Christ and all that Mary and Joseph were forced to endure shows the miracle of all babies!  

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Andy and I went to Gorhams Bluff about 4 years ago(wow how time flies)... loved it! Glad y'all got to get away. And funny, because I too have already been thinking about baby beds and found the "perfect" antique looking one that I wanted at Three Sheets.. but it's $1,400 so I've got to keep looking... ha!!!

Playlist

div style="text-align: center; margin-left: auto; visibility:visible; margin-right: auto; width:450px;">